The appointment of a new Student Director is something we have been praying over for more than 12 months now. There were several potential candidates over the last year, but for different reasons the Lord closed the door. So we praise God for this appointment.
It is an important strategic role within the college management team. Also, now having someone on board will over time ease the considerable extra workload that the College principal has had to take on during the interim.
As you know for security reasons we cannot say too much, but here is a brief profile of the new Student Director;
- Born into a Muslim family
- Became a Christian in 1998
- Married for 10 years, and they have 2 boys
- He has held various Director / Senior Management business positions
- Rather wonderfully, he is a former EMC graduate
- He left a well paid and promising business career for full time Christian ministry
- Since 2003 he has been working for Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF)
- He led the youth ministry in his home church
- He has significant experience in organising and speaking at Conferences & Training events
- He has trained children and youth ministry church leaders on how to reach and evangelise children and youth from a Muslim background
- His wife has a good level of English and does some translation work
Please pray for the new Student Director – that the Lord will help him to settle into his role, and fit in well into the existing college staff team.